Thursday, June 6, 2013

Week one down!

So one week has come and gone. To be honest it went by rather quickly. I struggled with energy for the first week but day 8 came and I honestly didn't even notice! Before I started this, I was a cup of coffee a day girl with at least one Diet Pepsi most days so I really thought I would struggle more with the lack of caffeine. Who would've known if you put good stuff into your body, you somehow manage!

Here's the meals we have been enjoying this week:

Chicken and broccoli stir-fry with brown rice spaghetti noodles
I used a little bit of olive oil and coconut oil with some fresh garlic as my sauce. It was scrumptious!

Chicken fajitas with black beans on a brown rice tortillas
I used my own mix of seasoning, cajun pepper, red pepper, garlic powder and paprika. It was a tad spicy but still very flavorful and tasty. The rice tortillas are ok. The texture is very different from flour tortillas. Rob wasn't a huge fan but would eat it. I think maybe frying them in a little bit of olive oil and treating them like a tostado may be good. Hey...got a whole month to try it!

I weighed myself on day 7 and game weighed in at 142.8...about 4 lbs down in one week! Yes I know it's mostly water weight but it's nice to see results that quickly!

I've mastered the shakes and actually enjoy drinking them! I mix about a 1/8 cup of strawberries, a scoop of vanilla protein mix, a scoop of chocolate, a scoop of fiber, a 1/2 tsp of almond butter or coconut oil, mix in the food processor the night before and got my two meals the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment