Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Your mind is stronger than your body!

You know our body and minds are amazing! I recently started to participate in Ballet Blast a cardio ballet class. I've only been 2 times but have loved it every minute of it. Throughout the class, the instructor pushes you to places you didn't think is possible and her words have stuck in my head, "Your mind is stronger than your body!"

Through the 3 weeks of this detox I have come to appreciate this statement. As I've mentioned previously, I started this detox to get my butt in gear to get healthy and lose weight. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, it just sounded right for me. Here I am 3 weeks down and I feel absolutely amazing! I can honestly say that the majority of my cravings have disappeared. My mind is beginning to conquer my body and I truly feel it is because how I am feeling from the inside out. Sure I think about food and I think about eating the "forbidden fruit" but it's strictly out of boredom. Sara and I were talking this week that we really don't feel hungry anymore, even having to remind ourselves to go eat lunch because we're not getting the hunger pangs. I had a pretty stressful day at work last Friday and normally that would be my ticket to a crappy lunch. I said to myself, "I wish I could just go eat ...." and I honestly could not think of something "crappy" that I wanted to indulge in. Please trust me that I am not just saying this to sell you, it is the absolute truth. I have one week left on this detox and I honestly can't think of a "celebration" meal that I want to have.

I'm also not missing my coffee or sodas. If I need a little pick me up, I treat myself to a fizz stick drinkand it gives me the energy without feeling like I've been given the energy. I just feel better and happier, my mind feels a little more clear when I have it and I don't crash like you would with an energy drink. And it's super yummy and fizzy which I do miss about not having a soda here and there!

I have lost a total of 11 lbs in 3 weeks, my belly appears to be going down (you'll have to wait for the results of the inches for one more week!) I have to admit, it is definitely nice seeing the number on the scale go down because it really tells me that I am doing something right and it gives me the motivation to keep pushing through this and 28 days and honestly beyond the 28 days. I saw a post on FB that went something like this: You notice the difference in 4 weeks, your family/friends notice the difference in 8 weeks, and the world notices the difference in 12 weeks. Keep it up!!! I'm honestly going to keep this up because I know it will give me the results that I am looking for.

I can't say it enough how passionate I have become about this program and I hope my journey inspires you to take the plunge and do this for yourself. You are worth it! I want to be there with you for your journey and promise you that it is worth it...28 days is nothing when it comes to feeling good!

2 comments:

  1. Great job stef! I'm excited for you. I've been trying o lose weight on my own, its hard. I'm getting interested, one thing I don't think you've mentioned......the cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing girl!! I'm so happy you are feeling good and taking such great care of your body! Thank you for the Ballet Blast shout out!! I'm glad you enjoy coming to class! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete